How To Apply For Jim Ovia Scholarship for Nigerian Undergraduates and Graduates – 2016/2017. All Nigerian undergraduates and newly admitted students are now welcomed to apply for the Jim Ovia Scholarship.
ABOUT THE JIM OVIA SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
The Jim Ovia Scholars Program was founded since 1998. It is fully funded by Mr. Jim Ovia to provide financial aid to outstanding Nigeria youths. The scholarship was previously known as the MUSTE scholarship. Eligible awardees are supported for their undergraduate and graduate study for the duration of their program and includes tuition and maintenance allowances.
The scheme offers an average of 100 opportunities each year for new applicants while renewing applicants are supported annually, conditional on meeting all eligible requirements of the scholarship. Since October 2010, Mr. Ovia has invested over 100 Million Naira in the program to support 1500 beneficiaries and counting.
To be eligible for this scholarship, applicants must:
– Be citizens of Nigeria.
– Have leadership qualities, personal intellectual abilities and be able to help the society at large.
– Interested and Eligible applicants should visit jimoviafoundation.org. Click on ‘LOG IN’ or ‘REGISTER NOW’ at top right hand corner of the homepage
-Create a new account or login with your existing credentials if you already have a Jim Ovia Scholar Account.
The following documents are required for application:
– Original Secondary School Certificate (WAEC or NECO)
Original JAMB certificate
– A valid student ID for your host institution (University/College)
– A passport photograph
– Completed online application
– Valid Government ID (e.g. International passport, Voter’s Card, National ID or Driver’s License). Exception will be for minors below the age of 18 years who are unable to apply for a government ID. In such case, a birth certificate will be accepted as a substitute of a government ID for such minors.
– An official original letter (not photocopied) from your school/Head of Department stating the following: – Your full name, Course Title, Department of Study, CGPA, Gender, Matriculation number OR Newly matriculated who have not yet received a matriculation number or school ID must provide a provisional admission letter to their institution of study.
The application deadline for this scholarship is on 15th November 2016 and it is offered annually.
For more information visit the Scholarship Webpage