THE JOINT ADMISSION AND MATRICULATION BOARD, JAMB REGULARIZATION: PURPOSE, PROCEDURE AND GUIDELINES
After the new JAMB Registrar (Prof. Oloyede) took over, a lot of changes has been made to both the JAMB structure and the official JAMB Website, the website design and the placement of the E-facility activities has changed, Remember the use of scratch card is no longer accepted as payment online will serve as the new method.
This process is called JAMB REGULARIZATION OR LATE REGULARIZATION
AIM OF REGULARIZATION
The Regularization is done to ensure that JAMB have your current admission detail that is in conformance with admission/registration record in the school that offered you admission.
It also ensures that candidate who didn’t gain admission through JAMB is registered on their database.
WHO ARE TO REGULARIZE
Students who falls into the following category are to process Regularization;
- 200–500Level students admitted through JAMB mode but found no admission information on the JAMB website
- 200–500Level students admitted through Pre-Degree programme (PDS) without JAMB Information
- Students admitted through JAMB mode but with different admission information on JAMB website
- Students admitted through PDS/JAMB mode but had been offered admission elsewhere i.e. tertiary institution
- Students HND Students who do not use JAMB to gain Admission Rather Interview
INFORMATION MOSTLY NEEDED DURING REGULARIZATION
The necessary information to be supplied include the following:
(a) Matriculation Number
(b) Full Names
(c) JAMB Registration
(d) Number and/PDS Number
(e) State of Origin
(f) Local Government/Area (LGA)
(h) Date of Birth
(i) Course Code
(j) Course Name
(k) Full Address
(l) Year of Admission as applicable to admission in the University
PROCEDURE/STEP ON HOW TO REGULARIZE YOUR JAMB REGISTRATION NUMBER FREE
Before Candidates are allowed to regularize his admission an account is required to be created on the jamb efacility portal.
To Create an account,visit http://www.jamb.org.ng Fill all the necessary information required [Be-careful do not make mistakes on your phone number and email address, after account creation click on signup.
When logged in, you see the dashboard with different E-facility options,click Regularize Admission.
You will be redirected to The Payment Confirmation Page Will Be Displayed, You have two payment option [Online Or Bank Payment]
Review the details displayed on the Confirmation Page. Also, note the Transaction ID displayed in bold in red. The Transaction ID is useful for all future references concerning the Transaction. (A copy of this transaction ID will be sent to your registered email address.)
Click on the Continue button if you wish to pay with your card immediately. If you wish to use other payment channels like ATM, Cash at the Bank and Quickteller, please note the transaction ID as it will be required.
On the Interswitch Payment page, enter your card details and click on the Pay button.
- The status of your payment will be displayed on the “My Payment Section” An SMS and email containing your unique Transaction Identification and payment status will be sent to you after payment. Click on the Continue button.
- Once payment is completed, you will be asked to provide the following: a. Year of Exam and b. JAMB Registration Number
- After entering the information correctly, the application form will be displayed. You are to fill the application form online. Please take note of mandatory fields.
- Click Submit to complete your application
- After submission, an Indemnity form will be displayed for printing.
This is to be signed and taken to your institution for Forwarding.
Your institution will be responsible for submission of the application form to the JAMB state office.
Once received, the Application form will be uploaded into your profile. You will receive a notification when this is done.
- JAMB will now process your application. If Approved, your details will be changed as requested.
TO CONFIRM THAT YOUR DATA IS PROPERLY SAVED
After Your application is processed, Log in back to the portal and click on the link Check Admission Status,
Enter your jamb registration number and click on check admission status
IF DONE CORRECTLY YOUR ADMISSION STATUS WILL DISPLAY
Q: Who Is To Regularize.
A: Candidate who gain admission without Jamb registration number or his/her mode of admission does not required jamb registration number.
Q: I Have JAMB Registration Number Already, Can It Be Regularize.
A: Any jamb registration number that has result when check online can not be regularized,
or any registration number you obtain through the normal online processing of JAMB/UTME/POLY of which later you sat for an exam, can not be regularize.
Q: What Type Of JAMB Registration Number That Can Be Regularize
A: jamb registration number given to you, from the school you graduated from.
NOTE: JAMB Charges a Sum of N10,000, for this Process