NECO SENIOR SCHOOL CERTIFICATE EXAMINATION (SSCE External)
This is the examination taken by candidates in their last stage of Secondary Education. The SSCE is in two categories. One is for candidates in the third and final year of their secondary education and it is called SSCE Internal. The Second is SSCE External and is for candidates not in the School system.
The National Examination Council (NECO) examination form for the 2017/2018 June/July Senior School Certificate Examination for Internal Candidates is out on sell and is scheduled to termination on the following date
The National Examination Council (NECO) announced the commencement of the sales of application form for the 2017 Senior School Certificate Examination for External Candidates.
Senior School Certificate Examination (external) is majorly for candidates not in the School system.
How to Apply for NECO GCE.
- Candidates intending to register for the 2017 November/December NECO Senior School Certificate Examination (SSCE) are hereby informed that registration will be strictly online using the NECO registration website mynecoexams.com. Registration can be done on the website at any time within the stipulated registration period.
- Candidates are to purchase a registration scratch card for the sum of (
N11,300) which are available in NECO state office nationwide.
- Proceed to your registration on the Nov/Dec registration portal and enter the serial number and scratch card number in the spaces provided to beging your registration.
- Passport Photograph will be required during on-line registration. The candidate’s passport photograph should NOT be more than SIX MONTHS old and must be of white background.
- Biometric fingerprints will be captured along with the registration of each candidate.
- Candidates should ensure that their fingerprints are correctly captured during registration.
NECO GCE – General Information.
- The Registration fee, is not refundable.
- Candidates are to use reputable cyber cafes is highly recommended as the Council will not be liable for registration errors committed by candidates.
- Candidates should carefully follow the instructions on the on-line scratch card before registration.
- Candidates should study the Regulations and Syllabuses before registration.
- Candidates should note that their uploaded image/photograph during the registration will be embossed on their certificates.
- Smoking, cellular phones and other electronic communication devices are not allowed in the examination hall.
- Candidates should dress in mufti and no one will be allowed entry into the examination hall with arms.
- Multiple entries are not allowed. Candidates who register more than once will have their entire results cancelled.
- Candidates who damage or lose their scratch cards before registration will have to purchase another card.
- Please note that No candidate shall be allowed into an examination hall once an examination commences.
NECO GCE Registration Fee/Mode of Payment.
To register, interested candidates should obtain a bank draft of Eleven Thousand Four Hundred Naira (N11,400) Only, payable to the Registrar, National Examinations Council in any of the NECO State Offices nationwide or in cash in any designated Bank or NIPOST offices nationwide. The registration fee includes cost for Biometric Data Capture, an Examination Ethics CD and Administrative Charges. Interested Banks and NIPOST Headquarters should visit NECO Headquarters for further clarifications.
NECO GCE Registration Date.
Registration will close on the 30th September, 2017.
NECO GCE Attestation/Photo Cards and Examination Timetable.
In completion of the registration process, each candidate must obtain the following from the internet café:
- Time Table for the Examination; and
- One (1) clear copy of the NECO Attestation/Photo card; which should be presented for each examination. (Candidates should note that Attestation/Photo cards that are not clear will NOT be accepted at the examination hall).
CANDIDATES ARE NO LONGER REQUIRED TO STAMP OR SUBMIT THEIR ATTESTATION/PHOTO CARDS IN NECO STATE OFFICES NATIONWIDE. A CLEAR COPY OF THE D.OWNLOADED ATTESTATION/PHOTO CARD, DULY SIGNED AND STAMPED BY A REFEREE SHOULD BE PRESENTED FOR EACH PAPER
Important Info to Blind Candidates.
Blind candidates are to register like everyone. However, the NECO State Officer of the state where they intend to write the examination should be notified of their physical status immediately after registration.
NECO GCE Examination Towns.
The towns where the examination will be held have been grouped into examination towns/neighbourhoods. Candidates should select a town/neighbourhood within the state where they intend to sit for the examination.
NECO GCE – Available Subjects.
Subjects available are:
Agricultural Science 8. English Language 15. Health Science 22. Physical Education
Arabic Language 9. Financial Accounting 16. History 23. Physics
Biology 10. French 17. Igbo 24. Salesmanship
Chemistry 11. Further Mathematics 18. Islamic Studies 25. Stenography
Christian Religious Studies 12. Geography 19. Literature-in-English 26. Store keeping
Commerce 13. Government 20. Mathematics 27. Yoruba
Economics 14. Hausa 21. Marketing
*Note: Candidates should note that Nigerian Languages (Hausa, Igbo & Yoruba) include Literature.
If you need us to help you with current information at the right time about NECO Registration Form, kindly provide us your phone number and email Address in the comment box below. Also feel free to ask any question any time.