THE UNIVERSITY OF UYO, UNIUYO PRE-DEGREE ADMISSION FORM FOR THE 2017/2018 ACADEMIC SESSION IS OUT AND REGISTRATION HAS BEGAN.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into a one-year Pre-Degree Programme in the under listed Faculties in the University of Uyo (UNIUYO) for the 2017/2018 academic year.
|A. Faculty of Agriculture||C.||Faculty of Education|
|(a)||Agricultural Economics & Extension||(a)||Agricultural Education|
|(b)||Animal Science||(b)||Biology Education|
|(c)||Crop Science||(c)||Computer Science Education|
|(d)||Fisheries and Aquatic Environmental Management||(d)||Chemistry Education|
|(e)||Forestry and Natural Environmental Management||(e)||Health Education|
|(f)||Food Science and Technology||(f)||Home Economics Education|
|(g)||Home Economics. Nutrition and Dietetics||(g)||Integrated Science Education|
|(h)||Soil Science & Land Resources Management||(h)||Library and Information Science (Science component only)|
|(j)||Pre-Primary/Primary Education (Science component only)|
|Faculty of Science||(1)||Physics Education|
|(a)||Animal Science and Environmental Biology||(m)||Technical Education|
|(b)||Botany and Ecological Studies|
UNIUYO PRE-DEGREE ENTRY QUALIFICATIONS.
- Candidates must possess credit pass in at least five (5) “O” level subjects including English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Agricultural Science is accepted in place of Biology for Agricultural Science Education and Agriculture candidates only), at not more than two sittings in the SSCE (WAEC/NECO, GCE or NABTEB).
- Candidates seeking admission into programmes in the Faculty of Agriculture should possess at least five (5) “O” Level Credit passes in NECO, WASC/GCE including Chemistry, Biology or Agricultural Science, Mathematics, English Language and any one of Economics, Geography or Physics. At least a Pass in Physics is acceptable.
- Candidates for admission into Agricultural Science Education must possess five (5) “O” Level credit passes in English Language, Chemistry, Biology (or Agricultural Science), Mathematics and any other subject.
- Candidates for admission into Home Economics Education should possess five “O” Level Credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology and any other subject.
NOTE: JAMB score is not required for admission into this programme.
MAJOR COURSE REQUIREMENT
All successful candidates will be required to register for and take the 2018 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) into programmes of their choices from the list provided in A to C above.
HOW TO APPLY FOR UNIUYO PRE-DEGREE ADMISSION.
Eligible candidates should pay a non-refundable deposit in the sum of N10,500.00 (ten thousand five hundred naira) only via Remita Payment Platform
Online Registration and Payment Instruction
- Visit http://eportals.uniuyo.edu.ng or uniuyo.edu.ng (Click on e-portals link)
- Select Admission Forms Link
- Select e-Form(s) Option
- Select Pre-Degree as the Admission Form Type
- Enter your Phone Number, Name and Email
- Click the PAY NOW button to make payment
- Payment can be make online or Bank branch
- After payment return to the online portal and click on Register Link to complete your registration.
- The same passport photograph used for the online registration will be used during the screening exercise and for registration after the offer of admission.
- No complaint of wrong Bio-Data or blank photograph will be entertained after submission.
- Candidates who upload wrong bio-data will automatically be disqualified.
Candidates are required to come for the screening exercise with the following items:
- One (1) copy of the University of Uyo 2017 ONLINE registration form dully completed with the passport-size photograph printed in colour.
Note: Only colour printout will be accepted.
- Two (2) recent passport-size photographs on red background (same photograph as the one used for the online registration) with the name and signature of the candidate on the reverse side of the photographs. These should be packaged in a quarto-size envelope and labeled with the candidate’s name and department.
- HB pencil, eraser and sharpener.
No GSM handsets;, calculators, four-figure tables or any other extraneous materials should be brought into the screening halls.
Closing Date for Registration: Monday, July 31, 2017
Date For Screening Exercise: Tuesday, August 8, 2017
Venue for the screening exercise: Ime Sampson Umana Campus of the University of Uyo, Ediene Abak, Abak LGA