UNIVERSITY OF PORTSMOUTH SCHOLARSHIPS FOR NIGERIA AND GHANA
The University of Portsmouth is a university in the city of Portsmouth, England. It was previously known as Portsmouth Polytechnic until 1992, when it was granted university status through the Further and Higher Education Act 1992.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for the postgraduate degree programme.
The University of Portsmouth offers a number of scholarships into its Science Faculty to Ghanaian and Nigerian students who have applied for one of the following full-time taught Master’s postgraduate degrees
- MSc Engineering Geology
- MSc Geological and Environmental Hazards
- MSc Environmental Geology and Contamination
- MSc Crisis and Disaster Management
- MSc Geographical Information Systems
- MSc Coastal and Marine Resource Management
The scholarships will be in the form of a 20% fee reduction from any tuition fee but please note, it cannot be taken in conjunction with any other fee reduction or bursary offered by the University. The scholarship is a one-off award towards a one year Masters fees and is non-renewable and only valid for study on the courses listed above.
Candidates from the following countries are ELIGIBLE to apply for this scholarship:
Nigeria: Scholarship is open to all Nigerian applicants who hold a minimum G.P.A 3.0/5 (which is a high Second Class Lower) in a relevant subject.
Ghana: Scholarship is open to all Ghanaian applicants who hold a minimum of a Second Class Upper in a relevant subject.
English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
You can apply to be considered if you:
- Are fully self-funding
- Have Ghanaian or Nigerian nationality
- Have applied to, been offered and accepted a place on, the postgraduate degree of your choice (conditional or unconditional firm offer).
- Have satisfied academic conditions detailed above and have met financial conditions including payment of non-refundable deposit.
Candidates are to download the scholarship application form and fill it.
The application deadline is 30 June 2017. Please submit the scholarship form to email@example.com before this deadline. You will be informed of the outcome within one week after the application deadline.
FOR MORE DETAIL; Click here